There are certain actions that can make it impossible for us to meet our guarantee. These scenarios are listed below:
1) Aftermath of Contests / Promotions / Give-Aways / Unusual Follower Activity – We have seen many clients run contests, promotions, and give-aways. We love that!! It’s a great method to grow your account quickly. However, it’s inevitable that after the contest / promotion/ give-away, there will be a wave of unfollowers of the account. Unfortunately, this significantly offsets / impacts our follower growth numbers.
Here’s a real example:
- Client runs a give-away requiring users to follow their account. It is very successful and gains 2,500 new followers.
- After the promotion, -2,000 of the new followers unfollow the client account. This is quite common and should be expected.
- Pimp-My-Gram team has gained +500 new followers for the account throughout the month.
- Therefore, at the end of the month, the offset of the -2,000 unfollowers plus the gain of +2,500 followers makes it seem as though Pimp-My-Gram team netted zero (0) results. This is obviously false and such situations should be taken into account fairly.
In this case, the results are skewed and do not reflect the true effort and results of our team. In such cases, it would be impractical to expect our team to return an overall +500 followers for the month when such events occur. It’s impossible to attribute who was responsible for what.
** We see strong waves of new followers always resulting in large purges of unfollowing. This is expected behavior after such promotions or sudden growth spurts.
2) Client Inactivity – We respectfully request that clients perform the following functions at a minimum to assist in the growth of their accounts:
- Post High-Quality Images – Instagram growth requires that the client is posting high-quality images to their account. We request a minimum of 10 photos per month, however our data and experience shows that growth can be accelerated by posting 20 images per month (1 post per weekday). Instagram favours accounts that are active. Therefore, it is difficult to guarantee follower growth on an account that is dormant and has not posted any images for weeks. Please note that some users will NOT follow an account that has not posted recently, therefore an active account is necessary.
- Respond to Comments – Instagram growth requires engagement with your audience. Therefore, please make an effort to reply back to your Followers that are liking your photos, leaving comments, asking questions, or trying to contact you directly. The more engaged you are, the more engaged your Followers will be as well.
3) Client Interference – We respectfully request that clients do not engage in follow / unfollow activities. Since our team will be performing this activity, we do not want to hit Instagram’s limits, and therefore it is assumed that only our team is responsible for these activities. If client does interfere with these activities, we will be restricted to perform our actions due to limits, and therefore should not be held liable for not hitting our goals.
4) Inaccessibility / Password Changes – If we cannot access the account (password changes, unforeseen circumstances, Instagram is down, etc.), then it’s simply not possible to work on the account. At times, Instagram may require us to re-login due to expired authentication tokens or other reasons. In such cases, we’ll let you know and go through the standard login process again. Please keep in mind losing 1 or 2 business days without access during a month (approx. 22 working days) is equivalent to almost 10% of the entire month with no activity. This can impact our results.
5) Industry – Certain industries or niches are not as growth-oriented on Instagram. In such cases, our team will let you know in advance to set more accurate expectations. For example, a local restaurant will not get comparable results to a fashion influencer or fitness company.